03 Jul DyStar® and Cradle to Cradle® Cooperation
Singapore – July 3, 2013- DyStar® has been cooperating with EPEA Internationale Umweltforschung GmbH since early 2002, in order to apply aspects of the Cradle to Cradle®Design Concept on certain DyStar® products.
The aim of the Cradle to Cradle® design concept is to improve the quality of products so that they
- have an improved consumer quality for the user
- pose no health risk at any stage of their Life Cycle
- are of both economic and ecological benefit
- can go into technical or biological cycles
DyStar® has submitted various product data which have been assessed by EPEA according to EPEA’s specific criteria and which result in a “Positive-List” (project related, not publicly available). They include chemicals, materials and auxiliaries which are at least tolerable for inclusion in a Cradle to Cradle® product according to its intended use, depending on available toxicity data.
For management of companies, engaging a Cradle to Cradle® Design process has many advantages. It offers transparency within risks, purchasing and process management; it optimizes “environmental and waste costs” and also allows a better understanding of social aspects along the supply chain.
Cradle to Cradle® Design optimizes environmental, economic, and social effectiveness in an overall added-value cycle and this is a strong motivation for DyStar® to continue this cooperation.
- Cradle to Cradle® is a registered trademark of McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry LLC.
- DyStar® is a registered trademark of DyStar Colours Distribution GmbH
If you are interested in finding out more about DyStar, don’t hesitate to contact us.