10 Apr Green Fashion Show in Mumbai
Mumbai India – 10th April 2013 – The ‘Consortium of Green Fashion’ (CGF) presented the most interesting Green Fashion conference, followed by a Green Fashion Show on April 5, 2013 at Textile committee Auditorium, Mumbai, and on April 6, 2013 at The Lalit, Mumbai. This was the grand culmination of a national level competition of Green Fashion Design and Best Green Initiative Awards.
The ‘Consortium of Green Fashion’ is an ecological initiative by DyStar-India Pvt Lt and Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Samstha’s School of Fashion Technology, aiming to create a platform for exchange of ideas, information & sustainable practices making Green Fashion as the only choice of presence and future.
This CGF initiative was well received by top institutes as well as top fashion industries. The collections were judged by Hemant Trevedi, Rahul Mishra, Meher Castelino and Philippe Werhahn, a designer who is an expert in Upcycling. The show was choreographed by Achala Sachdev.
The key note sessions related to Sustainability, Compliance, Upcycling, Water Conservation, Energy Conservation, Waste Management were presented by Mr. Steven Jesseph, Mr. Manish Mandhana and Mr. Rahul Mehta. Other guest speakers include Mr. Rahul Mishra, Mr. Ulhas Nimkar, Mr. Gerard De Nazelle, Mr. Rahul Bhajekar, Dr. Naresh Tyagi, Dr. Ela Dedhia and Ms. Anita Ahuja.
To promote Green Fashion and to acknowledge Green Initiatives of Industries, NGO’s and Designers, the applicants were invited from various national and international organizations. The following best initiatives were awarded at the time of CGF Award evening.
The CGF Award recipients are:
- Alok Industry, Polygenta, Welspun Syntex & Mehershaw. – The Best Green Initiative – Industry
- GOTS and Conserve – The Best Green Initiative – NGO
- Mr. Rahul Mishra and Mr. Philippe Werhahn – The Best Green Initiative – Designer
- Winner – Entangled Yatra, School of Fashion Technology, Pune – National Level Student Competition Award by Mandhana Industry
- Runner up – Rogue, School of Fashion Technology, Pune– National Level Student Competition Award by Mandhana Industry
- Ms. Jignasa Shah and Retro Rewind Group of B. D. Somani Institute, Mumbai – The Best Paper Presentation Award
- Ms. Jinal Sanghani, SVT College, Mumbai. – The Best Poster Presentation Award
- President of CGF – Mr. Vishwas Deval (Chairman, MKSSS)
- Chairman of CGF – Mr. Rajesh Balakrishnan
Advisory Board Members:
- Mr. Rahul Mehta
- Dr. Naresh Tyagi
- Mr. Manish Mandhana
- Mr. Ravindra Deshpande
- Mr. Milind Lele,
- Mr. Rahul Bhajekar
- Dr. Manju Hundekar
- Bombay Rayon Fashion Limited
- Laxmipati Sarees.
Global Marketing Communications
DID: +1 704 561 3086
If you are interested in finding out more about DyStar, don’t hesitate to contact us.